|Wagner Spray Tech 520000 Power Tex Texture Sprayer|
|Retail Price: $99.99|
|Amazon Price: $74.98|
I use the Wagner for remodeling projects. This is a very handy tool. It gets the job done with professional quality.
You still have to deal with the issue of covering everything before you begin spraying and dealing with the mud mixing, but those things aside, it’s easy to texture ceilings and walls using this well-designed tool.
Like others have been saying, it’s a good idea to practice on some cardboard so you’re ready to apply the texture smoothly. Also frequently mentioned is the consistency of the mud. Yes, prepare it thinner than you think it needs to be, for best results. Once you figure these things out, you’ll find that the sprayer produces great results.
Clean the nozzle frequently, to prevent clogging. I’ve used all three nozzles, and I’ve been very impressed with how great all three textures turn out. When a section doesn’t turn out as you want it, it’s easy to scrape off while it’s still wet and redo.
When the job is finished, clean-up is easy. A cleaning brush comes with the sprayer. You use that along with soap and water to clean the hopper, turbine, and nozzle.
While I use the sprayer for professional purposes, I recommend it for anyone needing small texturing jobs. It’s easily a great choice for do-it-yourselfers not only because the work is doable but also because it’s cost-effective.
- A great investment, great price. Economically do the job as compared to spray cans or hiring a professional.
- Cleanup is very easy. To clean, just remove the air turbine, the hopper, and nozzle from the spray gun. A brush is included; clean the parts with warm, soapy water, using the brush. After it dries, reassemble the unit for storage.
- Produces professional results. I get excellent results every time I use it.
- Good instructions/three textures. I’ve applied all three textures on different jobs, and they all look great.
- A messy job. Texturing would be a messy task with any equipment, though. Be sure to cover absolutely everything, and problem solved.
- Requires some strength. Texturing can be a taxing job. Requires upper body strength. It’s a good workout.
I’ve gotten plenty of use out of the Wagner Spray Tech 520000 Power Tex Texture Sprayer. There’s plenty of power to do even large jobs. The big secret is to keep the nozzles clean so there’s no clogging. It’s a really nice touch that you don’t need a compressor because the turbine engine is plenty powerful. You’ll get great results and be pleased with your efforts. I think anyone who needs to do some texturing will be very happy with this purchase.
Price Alert: Currently Amazon.com is offering free shipping and a 12% discount for the Wagner Spray Tech 520000 Power Tex Texture Sprayer. This is a savings of $12.39 from the usual retail price. This special price may change at any time so take advantage of this offer while it lasts.