I got this conversion gun because I’m painting a lot now with my remodeling business. So far, it seems to be a great investment. I use it with the air compressor I already had. It works well and produces minimal overspray.
Compared to brush-painting, you use a lot less paint. This comes with 89 percent product transfer efficiency. It’s definitely saving on paint costs.
The instruction manual that comes with the gun isn’t much help, if you don’t know how to use a paint sprayer. You can adjust the pressure until you get it right, and it’s not that difficult to figure out overall. You can get a lot of painting done quickly.
I’ve painted walls, ceilings, cabinets, sheds, and other exterior surfaces. Whatever kind of paint I’m using, the conversion gun is getting the job done with a professional finish every time.
Clean up is always something to take into consideration for painting projects, and the clean-up is easy with this unit.
- Economical. If you already have an air compressor, the cost of this conversion is an excellent price for a paint sprayer.
- Versatile. The gun sprays three patterns and is easy to adjust to whatever size pattern is required for the job you’re working on, large or small.
- Minimal overspray. This gun works very well, gets the job done with very little overspray
- Easy to clean. The conversion gun is easy to clean; makes for a quick clean-up job.
- The instruction manual is lacking. There’s very little information in the instruction manual, which could be a real down side for anyone without experience. I had enough know-how to make it work, in spite of.
- May not be durable. I haven’t had any problems with the converter gun, but some of the reviews reflected it may not be durable. So, just in case, I take extra care when using it. Like I say, no problems.
This conversion gun is the way to go if you have a lot of painting to do and you already have a compressor that’s at least 1 ½ horsepower. If you have the compressor already, it’s the economical choice. You’re going to use less paint than you would brush-painting, and you’ll save a lot of time. Whether you have large or small paint jobs, the pattern size adjusts easily, making it easy to get the work done right. These are the types of things you look for in a spray gun: minimal overspray, does the job, and easy to clean up. The conversion gun meets that criteria and I don’t have any reason to give this product less than five stars.
Price Alert: Currently Amazon.com is offering free shipping and a generous 50% discount for the Wagner Power Products 276124 Conversion Gun. This is a massive savings of $149.01 from the usual retail price so be sure to take advantage of this offer.