More than a few of my smaller jobs involved painting things. Cabinets, doors and trim all needed to be painted, so I figured I had a good excuse to buy a good sprayer to make the work easier. I looked at some of the more popular sprayers and decided on the Earlex HV3000 Spray Station HVLP Paint Sprayer, as my tool of choice for finishing all of my small paint jobs.
The Earlex HV3000 Spray Station HVLP Paint Sprayer is an easy paint sprayer to use. I’m pretty handy, but have never been much of a painter. Most of the time, I don’t really go for fine details because they are just a hassle. With the Earlex HV3000 Paint Sprayer, even the jobs that look best with the professional touch turn out great.
Like any sprayer, though, there is a learning curve to using the Earlex HV3000 HVLP Paint Sprayer. It just takes a little bit of practice to get used to using it, though.
For those of you who love stats, specs and technical stuff, here are some points of interest about the Earlex HV3000 Spray Station HVLP Paint Sprayer:
- It includes a 2.0 mm brass tip.
- The fan is adjustable between 2″ and 6″.
- It comes with a 9′ hose.
- There is on-board storage for the gun.
What I liked:
- Brass parts. A lot of sprayers have plastic parts that break easily. This sprayer has brass parts that hold up well.
- Easy to adjust. It only takes a few minutes to get the gun adjusted to spray just right. I’ve used sprayers before that were a hassle to adjust every single time.
- Compact and easy to store. Space was at a premium at our old house, so it was nice that this sprayer is so small and easy to store.
- Easy clean up. Paint sprayers can often take longer to clean than the actual painting project. That’s not true with the Earlex HV3000 Spray Station HVLP Paint Sprayer. Every clean up is a snap.
What I didn’t like:
- Excessive paint thinning. You have to spend a bit of time to get any kind of paint, latex or oil based, thinned out enough for good results. It’s not a huge deal, as you always have to thin paints, but it can be annoying.
- This sprayer is loud. This isn’t a sprayer that just puts out a gentle hissing noise. No, the neighbors know when I’m using my Earlex HV3000 Spray Station HVLP Paint Sprayer, because it is about as loud as a shop-vac. Ear plugs are a necessity with this sprayer.
For my small painting projects, this sprayer has been a great help. I get great results and can finish most of my projects very quickly. It’s nice to have a sprayer that doesn’t require hours of clean up to. I have lots of new projects to work on in our new home and I’m using the Earlex HV3000 Spray Station HVLP Paint Sprayer to get them done right.
Alert: At the moment Amazon.com is offering free shipping for the Earlex HV3000 Spray Station HVLP Paint Sprayer.